Saturday, December 24, 2005

Driving Class

Just returned from my first driving lesson...

Started @ 1300 hrs approximately... The trainer came to pick me and two of my colleagues (ANS & SK) for the classes. A nice Pakistani chap. I was the first on the line. Started by explaining the controls and adjustments. Gave basic guidance and instructions. Asked me to test the brake and accelerator first.

Once I got used to that, made me push off... Drove on to the main roads directly, maybe cos I had some prior driving experience (7 years of it although on the opposite side of the road ;) ).
Went to a residential area where he made me take turns and fine tuned my braking and turning.

Then made me drive to a parking lot where he made me practice parking. The return trip was on a main road where the maximum speed was 40 mph ;)

At the end of the hour and half, he said that I did not need any further classes and can go ahead for the test. I asked for another class so that I could try some night time driving and highway driving too...

Hope to go the licence office and give the test sometime next week itself.

Independence is near, yet so far...

1 comment:

Abi said...

good luck with the test!

tip: the examiners really like it when you check all 3 of ur mirrors often. defensive driving and all that :-)